Sunday, 24 November 2013

My picture: His words #1


"Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with scoffers.  But they delight in doing everything the Lord wants; day and night they think about his law.  They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season without fail.  Their leaves never wither, and in all they do, they prosper."

Psalm One verses 1-3 (NLT)

I feel challenged at the moment to have a Godly attitude to things rather than get caught up in the seemingly 'righteous indignation' that I feel characterises so much of our social interaction.  This Psalm is one I memorised years ago and - when I remember it - I use it as a guiding principle for my life.  It is especially powerful when I remember that in the NT the law is very simple: Love God and Love other people.


This is part of a new Blog Hop hosted by Michelle at Mummy from the Heart.  Pop over and have a look at her inspiring picture too.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh lovely to have you join in, it is indeed such an important principle for us to remember, we so easily get caught up in this world and its views of fairness. We just need to keep loving and forgiving. Thanks, Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to memorise a psalm. We have a fave psalm that we lean on at times. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd been planning this since you mentioned you were creating a link for "My picture, His words". I love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been teaching the children some memory verses at a Church Club and even little Miss C (2 and 1/2) can remember the first one, including Chapter & verse. It's very funny to hear her say it, but more seriously I am hopeful that these things will be a good foundation for her life.

    ReplyDelete

Long or short - I love to hear your thoughts.