Saturday, 4 January 2014

Happy New Year!

Well, I've been silent for a pretty long time, so it's probably time for a bit of reflection now the Christmas Season is drawing to a close.

As I type I am eating a Christmas Tree shaped pastry that was being sold for 10p at the supermarket today.  I suppose that is the big problem for shops with seasonal goods - getting rid of the ones that don't sell in the big consumer frenzy that precedes any holiday.  I am not feeling particularly inspired to write at the moment.  Perhaps it's that post-Christmas low that hits, where life feels full of left overs, all the excitement is passed...

But, no, if I'm honest, it isn't that at all.  I'm just not sure if I have anything to say at the moment worth anyone taking the time to read it.  That's not a sympathy plea, just reflection.  Life has been too busy for serious thought, and too much the same as everyone else for originality.  So, I shall give further words a miss and just let some pictures speak for me.
Isn't that Miss C's Playdough?
Mr M give MutMut a ride

Mr J's room tidy for 5 minutes!
Stockings
Christmas Lunch


Oh no!  Mr M on the move...

Happy New Year Everyone xxx


2 comments:

  1. Orli, Just Breathe6 January 2014 at 11:47

    Happy new year :) I know exactly what you mean about the not being able to write, I was sitting here feeling exactly that for the past hour or so... I guess it's the mind's way of rebooting after a long holiday...
    It looks like you all had a great time over the holiday :) Hope the going back to normal is going well too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! 'Back to normal' is going as well as can be expected! I'm just really tired so it's hard to focus.

    ReplyDelete

Long or short - I love to hear your thoughts.